Mission Statement The Women Infants and Children (WIC) Nutrition program is considered one of the most successful federally funded nutrition programs in the country. WIC is committed to improving the health of eligible pregnant women, new mothers, and children by providing nutrition education, breastfeeding support, healthy foods, and referrals to health and social programs during the critical stages of fetal and early childhood development. The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) is a short-term intervention program designed to influence lifetime nutrition and health behaviors in a targeted at-risk population. WIC provides free health screenings to all participants to determine nutritional risk. A nutritional risk is any problem that is associated with diet, growth, or medical diagnosis that might impact nutritional status. Examples include anemia, underweight, overweight, history of pregnancy complications or poor pregnancy outcomes. Nutrition risk is determined by a health professional such as a nutritionist, physician, or nurse by measuring height and weight, doing a simple blood test and reviewing each participant’s medical history and dietary intake.
2019 WIC PUBLIC MEETINGS
Pennsylvania Department of Health
Bureau of Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
Your comments and suggestions for the WIC program are important to us!
Please attend a meeting or submit written comments to the WIC State Agency at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- May 1, 2019, Home Nursing Agency, 206 West Plank Drive, Altoona, PA 16602
- May 1, 2019, Maternal and Family Health Services, Inc., 15 Public Square, Suite 600, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18701
- May 1, 2019, South Central Community Action Program, Inc., 533 South Main St., Chambersburg, PA 17201
- May 2, 2019, Chester County Government Services Building, 601 Westtown Road, Room 250, West Chester, PA 19380
- May 2, 2019, UNFHCC Erie County WIC Program, 1720 Holland St., Erie, PA 16507
- May 7, 2019, Southwestern Pennsylvania Human Services, Inc., 300 Chamber Plaza, Charleroi, PA 15022
- May 21, 2019, Bradford Area Public Library, 67 Washington St., Bradford, PA 16701
- May 21, 2019, NORTH, Inc. Philadelphia WIC Office, 1300 W. Lehigh Ave., Suite 104, Philadelphia, PA 19132
- May 22, 2019, WIC of Beaver County, 140 Beaver Valley Mall, Rt. 18, Monaca, PA 15061
- May 23, 2019, Hamilton Health Center, 110 S. 17th, Harrisburg, PA 17104
- May 30, 2019, Community Progress Council, Inc., 130 Market St., York, PA 17401
In accordance with 7 C.F.R. §246.4(b), the Department of Health has scheduled 11 public meetings to obtain comments and recommendations for the development of the 2020 State Plan of Program Operation and Administration for the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) in Pennsylvania.
The department invites comments on all aspects of the program’s operations.
Individuals wishing to give comments at this meeting are asked to pre-register by calling 717-783-1289. Those unable to attend a meeting but wishes to express their views, may submit an email with written comments by May 31, 2019, to email@example.com or mail comments to the Department of Health, Bureau of Women, Infants and Children (WIC), 625 Forster St., 7 West, Health and Welfare Building, Harrisburg, PA 17120.
The meetings will be held 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and are subject to cancellation without notice. There will not be a WIC presentation at the meetings, but WIC resource materials will be available.
If you require reasonable accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, please contact Amanda Killion at 717-783-1289 for assistance.
Pennsylvania WIC is funded by the United States Department of Agriculture. This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
WIC Director Julie Kasmierski Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (814) 773-3162 ext. 3029 Fax: 814-772-7045
WIC is a program of the Pennsylvania Department of Health with funds from the USDA Where can you get WIC?
WIC has several clinics in the area. Click on of the following counties for contact information on your local WIC office. Please contact WIC Clinic at North Central Pennsylvania Regional Planning and Development Commission. The number is (814) 776-1106 or 1-800-WIC-WINS