APEX Accelerator Program
The APEX Accelerator Program was established to expand the number of businesses capable of participating in government contracts. The APEX Accelerators are funded through cost sharing cooperative agreements (SCAA Grant) between the Department of Defense Office of Small Business Programs and eligible program participants, including states, local governments, and nonprofit organizations. Under the program, APEX Accelerators help businesses pursue and perform under contracts with the Department of Defense, other federal agencies, state, and local governments and with government prime contractors. Most of the assistance provided is free. The APEX Accelerator support to businesses includes many different services.
APEX Accelerator Services Include but not limited to:
• Assist with registrations – System for Award Management (SAM) – federal contracting, PA Supplier Portal – PA Commonwealth and local COSTARS contracting
• Assistance with certifications – Small Business, Veteran Owned, Woman Owned, HUBZone Certifications, etc.
• Bid Matching services – Matches your NAICS codes and key words to open solicitations from a variety of contracting databases and kicks an email to you with all matches
• Proposal and documentation review
• Access to workshops and events
• Access to pricing and award histories/market research
• Assistance with Capability Statements, Elevator Speeches, etc.
• Provide military specifications and standards
Barbara J. Brennen
Procurement Outreach Specialist
VA Certified Counselor
Phone: 814.773.3162 Ext. 3059